Sylvan Testimonials

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Math Anxiety Bill of Rights

I came across this today and thought it was really great! We deal with so many kids (and parents!) who say, "I'll never be good at math." (Which is entirely untrue!) I thought this will also go on my wall at the center!

Math Anxiety Bill of Rights
by Sandra L. Davis

I have the right to learn at my own pace and not feel put down or stupid if I'm slower than someone else.
I have the right to ask whatever questions I have.
I have the right to need extra help.
I have the right to ask a teacher for help.
I have the right not to understand.
I have the right to feel good about myself regardless of my abilities in math.
I have the right not to base my self-worth on my math skills.
I have the right to view myself as capable of learning math.
I have the right to evaluate my math instructors and how they teach.
I have the right to relax.
I have the right to define success in my own terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment